A career at Molin is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to be a part of an industry-leading company with a real passion for delivering excellence. As an employee-owned (ESOP) company, Molin places high value on every team member’s contributions. With unparalleled employee retention, Molin provides fantastic growth opportunities for people passionate about concrete products and excellent customer service. Make your passion into a career by joining the Molin team today.
Position Summary: Provides complete, accurate and timely drawings for the successful manufacture and installation of Molin’s products.
- Produce time sensitive, accurate layout and piece shop drawings from contract specifications using AutoCAD and Revit for various assignments that vary in scope and are somewhat complex, requiring specialized knowledge of all Molin’s products and operations. (beams, columns, wall panels, solid slabs, and hollowcore)
- Review general plans, specifications and cost estimates to ensure drawings align with expectations. Immediately notify Estimating of any changes in scope of projects.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to provide and/or receive information to assure accurate drawings that will permit successful manufacture and installation of product.
- Answer questions from Production and Field installation on assigned projects so that projects are completed according to approved drawings. Provide additions or revisions to existing drawings or create additional sketches to help facilitate manufacturing and/or installation.
- Make recommendations to add, change or delete materials/products called for in plan documents to improve project outcomes.
- Enter work progress into Eli-Plan and Microsoft On-Line timely, making sure entries are updated daily. Coordinate submittal dates, production dates and erection schedules.
- Note special concerns or situations on drawings to warn Production and/or Shipping.
- Assist engineers in solving plan and specification issues.
- Provide material lists or specialty counts to allow for timely purchase of materials.
- Submit RFI’s or requests for approvals.
- Check work of co-workers who produce piece tickets for projects and Drafter I employees as assigned.
- Attend and contribute during weekly Drafting meetings.
- Offer occasional direction and training to entry level drafters.
- Maintain records and files.
- Print drawing for Production.
- Finalize open items with customers and include a thank you.
Education and Experience:
- 2- year degree in Drafting from accredited school
- 2 to 3 years experience in drafting with at least one year working with precast concrete products.
- Construction experience desirable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and most contract documents
- Proficient in AutoCAD and EliPlan; skilled in use of Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of construction processes and use of structural precast concrete products
- Good at identifying and resolving problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong documentation and good filing systems
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- First-rate verbal and written communication
- Team player
- Work with minimal supervision and provide work direction as needed
- Flexible and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work in a fast pace with changing priorities
- Strong math and spatial abilities
- Problem solving
- Supervisory and experience with architectural precast products desirable but not required
- Frequent sitting for long periods
- Occasional walking, standing and carrying
- Frequent finger/wrist movement for keyboard use’
- Acuity for near vision required; distance acuity occasionally
- Infrequent bend/twist, push/pull, reach, and grasp
- Hearing for communication and safety
Environmental & Working Conditions:
- Office environment
- Frequent talking and listening required
- Infrequent exposure to dusty conditions and loud noises
If you are interested in applying for a position at Molin Concrete Products Co., print our application and email or mail it back to us. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it here.
Our Mailing address:
Molin Concrete Products Co. • 415 Lilac St. • Lino Lakes, MN. 55014
For more information about the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the US Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) @ www.dol.gov/ofccp
Molin Concrete provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Molin Concrete complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Molin Concrete expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Molin’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.Affirmative Action Data Form