A career at Molin is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to be a part of an industry-leading company with a real passion for delivering excellence. As an employee-owned (ESOP) company, Molin places high value on every team member’s contributions. With unparalleled employee retention, Molin provides fantastic growth opportunities for people passionate about concrete products and excellent customer service. Make your passion into a career by joining the Molin team today.
Director of Safety
Position Summary: The Director of Safety will be responsible for overseeing and managing the Company’s Safety Program to ensure safe, healthy and accident free work environments while directly reporting to the Company President. This position will set the tone for organizational safety and risk management, demonstrate strong leadership skills, work well in a team environment and strive to enrich the Company Culture.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, plans, and manages continuous improvement of all safety programs while staying abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that affect the organization.
- Oversees compliance with all safety, health, and environmental laws issued by government agencies, in addition to, corporate policies and customer requirements.
- Provide safety training for all employees to include new hire orientation, annual refresher training, and weekly/monthly safety training and communication (e.g. first aid, lo/to, AWAIR, ERTK, fall protection, PPE, forklift certification, confined space, rigging, blood borne pathogen, etc.) and maintain records to satisfy OSHA requirements.
- Communicates and collaborates with management and leadership to ensure safety strategies and programs align with company expectations and policies.
- Schedule, execute and follow up on results for all required employee safety sampling to include annual respirator fit testing and audio-metrics for hearing conservation.
- Conduct routine plant and jobsite inspections/audits. Provide Management with a written report of findings and recommendations for corrective action.
- Assist Management with documenting JSAs (Job Safety Analysis) for work processes to ensure safety steps are identified and training provided to existing and new employees
- Maintain all Molin safety policies keeping current with changes in regulations; retrain staff timely to remain in compliance.
- Maintains and monitors OSHA 300 logs and associated metrics to determine progress and effectiveness of safety initiatives, programs, processes and policies.
- Facilitate all safety related regulatory visits at the plant and on the jobsite; respond to action items as agreed to prevent citations.
- Supervises the activity and mentors the development of the safety team including selection, training, evaluation, and counseling.
- Conduct sample testing as necessary to understand exposure and make recommendations to Management for reducing/eliminating exposure by engineering, changing processes or use of PPE.
- Maintain SDS program.
- Lead and coordinate first responders for timely response to emergency situations.
- Act as Molin’s Safety representative. Chair Safety Management Committee, attend Molin employee safety committee meetings, and participate with AGC Safety Committee.
- Manage software and vendor relationships with respect to safety and risk management.
- Interacts with insurance companies to manage risk, worker’s compensation claims and other return to work programs while developing and implementing cost saving measures to conserve company resources.
- Performs special projects and completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management, Occupational Health & Safety, or related degree.
- Prefer 5-7 years safety experience preforming similar primary responsibilities; exceeding performance expectations.
- Working knowledge of OSHA Standards C.F.R. 1910 and 1926.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extensive command of construction safety work rules and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to recognize, react and redirect unsafe behaviors; ability to develop/implement safe work practices.
- Ability to manage difficult situations; conflict management.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Authorized trainer for OSHA 10-hour
- CSP designation highly desirable
- CPR and First Aid
- OSHA 30-hour, a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
- Safety Coordinator
Competencies Necessary for Success:
- Establishing Focus:The ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business’ mission.
- Leadership: Able to motivate others to take personal responsibility; mobilize people to face, define, and solve problems; develop capacity of others to adapt change; lead past status quo to achieve new levels of excellence or change.
- Developing Others:The ability to delegate responsibility and to work with others and coach them to develop their capabilities.
- Influencing Others:The ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Motivation:Able to present information or new ideas in such a way others get excited; use a positive approach to motivate others at any level of the organization.
- Strategic Perspective: Able to develop long-term, big picture strategies to enhance competitiveness; recognize broad implications of issues; balance and integrate strategic vision with day-to-day activities.
- Managing Change:The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Team Building:Able to develop team effort; confront negative attitudes to build commitment and morale; get facts with competing perspectives to learn from one another; integrate efforts and talents of team members.
- Commitment / Diligence:Able to persevere in accomplishing tasks or objectives; commit to long hours of work; do everything possible to reach goals; have a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Prioritizing:Able to quickly focus on what is important: establish a sequence of tasks and completion dates, set priorities and allocate time and resources when faced with competing demands.
- Communication:Effectively deliver a message to employees, customers, vendors, or management team in a group or individual setting so it is received and understood.
- Results Orientation:The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Profitability: The ability to execute these leadership qualities is an instrumental part of increasing the profitability of the company.
We off a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance and paid time off. To apply, email resume along with Salary Requirements to email@example.com
Molin Concrete Products is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative action Employer. Qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested in applying for a position at Molin Concrete Products Co., print our application and email, mail or fax it back to us. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it here.
Our Fax number:
Our Mailing address:
Molin Concrete Products Co. • 415 Lilac St. • Lino Lakes, MN. 55014
For more information about the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the US Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) @ www.dol.gov/ofccp
Molin Concrete provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Molin Concrete complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Molin Concrete expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Molin’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.Affirmative Action Data Form