A career at Molin is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to be a part of an industry-leading company with a real passion for delivering excellence. As an employee-owned (ESOP) company, Molin places high value on every team member’s contributions. With unparalleled employee retention, Molin provides fantastic growth opportunities for people passionate about concrete products and excellent customer service. Make your passion into a career by joining the Molin team today.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for preparing accurate estimates, including bid proposals for Molin’s products and services based upon company standards and guidelines.
- Read, interpret, analyze project documents including but not limited to blueprints, specifications, addendums, sketches, shop drawings, bid instructions and other documentation presented by the client to understand scope and project requirements necessary for accurate estimating
- Prepare an accurate “take off” of materials included in the jobs; estimating all necessary labor, materials, equipment and miscellaneous costs for review by Sr. Estimator/Sales Manager and/or Bid Committee
- Generate customer proposals and/or scope letters which include scope of work, specific inclusions/exclusions
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors who meet Affirmative Action goals whenever possible.
- Where pre-determined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
- Informs the immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or database.
- Attend and participate in departmental and sales meetings as required
- Follow online plan-rooms and requests for proposals to assist with accurate and timely estimates for all opportunities.
- Answer phone calls from customers and Sales to provide pricing information for specified products. Provide sales support for walk-in customers as needed.
- Price change orders.
- Provide input to assist those responsible for project management. Discuss proposals with Sales; answer questions about drawings, RFI’s and change orders with Project Managers.
- Inform all applicable internal business partners of all change orders and project specifications
- Assist with maintaining database for all estimates. Input costs, bid factors and any changes from initial bid review through to completion and payment of project.
- Build relationships by leadership and collaboration.
- Print plans as needed
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Construction Management, Structural/Civil Engineering, Drafting. Preferred Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred 1-3 years’ experience estimating in precast/pre-stressed industry
- Jobsite experience highly desired
- Able to work with people in situations involving critical lead times, budgets and deadlines.
- Must demonstrate excellent mathematical and statistical skills needed for evaluation of data, computation and calculations.
- Detailed oriented, focused and attention to details
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong math aptitude and estimating
- General knowledge of construction and precast concrete products
- Team player-Collaborator
- Ability to read general plans/construction documents
- Experience with PDF review/editing software (Bluebeam, Acrobat)
- Ability to use CAD programs
- Spatial intelligence
- Ability to prioritize and keep organized multiple, concurrent bid projects
- Ability to communicate professionally using excellent verbal and written communication
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word and Outlook; AutoCAD and Revit.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable drivers record
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the office is quiet.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Molin Concrete Products Co., print our application and email or mail it back to us. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it here.
Our Mailing address:
Molin Concrete Products Co. • 415 Lilac St. • Lino Lakes, MN. 55014
For more information about the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the US Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) @ www.dol.gov/ofccp
Molin Concrete provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Molin Concrete complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Molin Concrete expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Molin’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.Affirmative Action Data Form