A career at Molin is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to be a part of an industry-leading company with a real passion for delivering excellence. As an employee-owned (ESOP) company, Molin places high value on every team member’s contributions. With unparalleled employee retention, Molin provides fantastic growth opportunities for people passionate about concrete products and excellent customer service. Make your passion into a career by joining the Molin team today.
Position Summary: Responsible for planning and executing the detailing and grouting of Molin’s product safely and according to customer expectations for quality and timeliness of project outcomes. Maintain grouting equipment as required.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe jobsite at all times and for having Molin’s Safety Manual available. Conduct toolbox talks, confront and redirect all unsafe behaviors immediately and verify each Molin team member has been properly trained in safety, fall protection, use of PPE, and all other safety concerns.
- Provide communication to keep Molin team and any subcontractors working in the area up to date on work to be performed and the safety hazards present.
- Transfer grouting equipment to and from the jobsite. Keep equipment in working order with routine maintenance and regular cleanings. Order and stock necessary parts to ensure availability if equipment malfunctions.
- Create and communicate daily action plan to include details about the work to be performed, safety and quality requirements with end results expected according to construction documents. Follow details and ensure that all connections are completed prior to grouting. Make decisions about schedules and overtime to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure that all detailing loose materials needed for job completion are available, including advanced ordering of ready mix for the necessary timeframe.
- Accountable for training and mentoring field laborers to assure safety and productivity standards are met.
- Act as liaison between all stakeholders keeping everyone apprised of progress or concerns regarding lack of progress.
- In charge of any documentation on the jobsite and paperwork needed by the field office in Lino Lakes, to include reporting of employee’s hours worked for Payroll.
- Take the necessary steps to allow for a neat and orderly jobsite throughout the process. Upon completion, clean up any excess material left behind before leaving the site.
- Perform general labor duties, to include welding, drilling and grouting.
- Welding, to include overhead welding.
- Provide employee feedback.
- Inspect work in progress. Work with crew to resolve any issues discovered.
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent required
- 5+ year experience in construction; prefer at least 3 years’ experience specific to precast
- Proven leadership skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of grout pump mechanics
- Read and understand construction drawings and other construction documents.
- Ability to teach/develop
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Trained in use of hand tools, heavy-duty hammer drills, lasers, saws, welding equipment, etc.
- Knowledgeable of precast products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of urgency
- Basic computer knowledge
- Maintain positive attitude and professional image
- Working knowledge of OSHA standards for construction industry
- Safe driving record
Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver’s license; DOT health card; Welding certification; OSHA 10/30
- Occasional lifting of 75 lbs. and 40 lbs. frequently.
- Continuous standing or walking.
- Crouch, stoop, reach, balance, squat, kneel, crawl, push, and pull 4-8 hours per shift.
- Bend at waist, twist, climb ladders, climb stairs, use of shoulders 4-6 hours per day.
Competencies Necessary for Success:
- Establishing Focus: The ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business’ mission.
- Leadership: Able to motivate others to take personal responsibility; mobilize people to face, define, and solve problems; develop capacity of others to adapt change; lead past status quo to achieve new levels of excellence or change.
- Motivation: Able to present information or new ideas in such a way others get excited; use a positive approach to motivate others at any level of the organization.
- Prioritizing: Able to quickly focus on what is important: establish a sequence of tasks and completion dates, set priorities and allocate time and resources when faced with competing demands.
- Communication: Effectively deliver a message to employees, customers, vendors, or management team in a group or individual setting so it is received and understood.
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Profitability: The ability to execute these leadership qualities is an instrumental part of increasing the profitability of the company.
Environmental & Working Conditions:
- Exposed to extreme temperatures
- Work at high elevations frequently
- Exposure to loud noises controlled through hearing protection
- Exposure to dust and fumes controlled through personal protective equipment
- Uneven terrain and heights above ground.
- Damp conditions and sometimes below ground.
- Some travel
- Fall Protection harness, steel-toed boots, respirator mask, safety glasses, Hi-vis vest, hardhat, face shield, hearing protection
Direct Reports: Directly supervise laborers, Indirectly supervise oilers and crane operators on jobsite.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Molin Concrete Products Co., print our application and email or mail it back to us. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it here.
Our Mailing address:
Molin Concrete Products Co. • 415 Lilac St. • Lino Lakes, MN. 55014
For more information about the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the US Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) @ www.dol.gov/ofccp
Molin Concrete provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Molin Concrete complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Molin Concrete expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Molin’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.Affirmative Action Data Form