A career at Molin is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to be a part of an industry-leading company with a real passion for delivering excellence. As an employee-owned (ESOP) company, Molin places high value on every team member’s contributions. With unparalleled employee retention, Molin provides fantastic growth opportunities for people passionate about concrete products and excellent customer service. Make your passion into a career by joining the Molin team today.
Plant Production Laborer
Position Summary: Provide labor to jobsite team in the erection of buildings by setting plank, columns, beams and wall panels, while considering safety in all tasks performed.
- Position, connect, and align, precast concrete elements according to construction drawings.
- Place grout in keyways, column bases, and beam caps according to construction drawings.
- Secures and maintains a safe construction site. Sets up fall protection warning lines, and routinely checks for changing conditions and safety hazards.
- Perform routine maintenance/housekeeping of jobsite to maintain order and safe conditions.
- Maintains an inventory of tools, equipment and supplies. Informs foreman of needed repairs and restocking of supplies.
- Excavate with shovels as directed. Use heavy-duty hammer drills and saws to break up or shorten concrete elements.
- Send and receive OSHA compliant hand signals for safe crane operation.
- Welding, to include welding overhead.
- Move vehicles as instructed.
- Perform duties of safety monitor for fall protection.
- Forklift and other small equipment use as required. When requested, participation in site safety audits via company provided tablet
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent
- One year jobsite experience, preferably with precast concrete products
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for safety
- Must be comfortable working from heights
- Understanding of all Federal and State OSHA regulations regarding jobsite safety requirements
- Capacity to remain calm even during stressful driving conditions
- Excellent team player
- Good verbal communications skills
- Strong aptitude for reading blueprints
- Skilled in use of power tools (saws, drills, lasers and transits)
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Good organization and planning skills
- Accurate reading of tape measurements
- Basic math concepts to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Valid driver’s license
- Certified overhead welder
- Forklift certification
- OSHA 10/30
- Occasional lifting of 75 lbs. and 40 lbs. frequently.
- Continuous standing or walking.
- Crouch, stoop, reach, balance, squat, kneel, crawl, push, and pull 1-4 hours a shift.
- Bend at waist, twist, climb ladders, climb stairs, use of shoulders 1-3 hours per day.
Environmental & Working Conditions:
- Exposed to extreme temperatures
- Work at high elevations frequently
- Exposure to loud noises controlled through hearing protection
- Exposure to dust and fumes controlled through personal protective equipment
- Uneven terrain and heights above ground.
- Damp conditions and sometimes below ground.
- Some overnight travel
PPR Required: Hard hat, Fall protection harness and related equipment, respirator mask, steel-toed boots, hi-vis vest, safety glasses, gloves, face shield, hearing protection
If you are interested in applying for a position at Molin Concrete Products Co., print our application and email or mail it back to us. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it here.
Our Mailing address:
Molin Concrete Products Co. • 415 Lilac St. • Lino Lakes, MN. 55014
For more information about the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the US Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) @ www.dol.gov/ofccp
Molin Concrete provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Molin Concrete complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Molin Concrete expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Molin’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.Affirmative Action Data Form