A career at Molin is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to be a part of an industry-leading company with a real passion for delivering excellence. As an employee-owned (ESOP) company, Molin places high value on every team member’s contributions. With unparalleled employee retention, Molin provides fantastic growth opportunities for people passionate about concrete products and excellent customer service. Make your passion into a career by joining the Molin team today.
Position Summary: Provide timely and accurate calculations to assure structural integrity of Molin’s products and services. Coordinate communication between various stakeholders and assist with solutions for the production and installation of product.
- Prepare calculations and drawings to support structural design of product to include concrete reinforcement, product sizing, connection requirements and overall stability analysis to meet customer demands and building codes. (Hollowcore, plank, beams, columns, slabs, wall panels)
- Examine general plans, specifications and cost estimates to ensure drawings match customer expectations.
- Produce preliminary engineering calculations and design work for use by Sales and Estimating in the bidding process.
- Coordinate documentation and communication of construction details, loadings, etc. with General Contractors, Architects, Engineers, and Project Managers.
- Responsible for checking production piece drawings for proper reinforcing, lifting and stressing requirements.
- Respond to requests to review pre-pour and post-pour conditions, investigate damaged product or design issues to assure integrity of product and/or offer solutions for change or repair. Review cull reports and provide solutions within 24 hours.
- Respond to inquiries by Field employees or External Customers to resolve design issues and/or address damaged product(s) on job sites. Provide solutions that are timely and cost effective without jeopardizing product reliability.
- Provide answers to questions from Outsourcers.
- Create spreadsheets and other tools to standardize processes and improve efficiencies.
- Stay current with building code changes.
- Assist with coaching and training of EIT and drafters as requested by Engineering Manager.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to eliminate inefficiencies and standardize processes.
- Attend design meetings to discuss opportunities and solutions using Molin products.
- Continuing education to maintain PE license(s)
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- Two to four years experience in construction or the design/manufacture of precast
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Team Player
- Knowledge of precast/prestressed concrete properties and processes for structural and architectural products
- Able to read and adjust blueprints and other construction documents
- Knowledge of structural engineering design practices and construction methods
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, Risa, and Concise. Eli Plan software, in addition to a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel macros, and Project. HILTI-PROFIS Anchor
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient at managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines; Project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; good listener
- Desire and ability to train others desirable
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Work with minimal supervision
- Good documentation skills
- High spatial intelligence and math aptitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge of building codes and design standard
- Excellent problem solving
- PE highly desirable
- Valid Driver’s License
- Frequent sitting for long periods
- Occasional walking, standing and carrying
- Frequent finger/wrist movement for keyboard use
- Acuity for near vision required; distance acuity occasionally
- Infrequent bend/twist, push/pull, reach, and grasp
- Hearing for communication and safety
Environmental & Working Conditions:
- Office environment
- Frequent talking and listening required
- Infrequent exposure to dusty conditions and loud noises
- Some travel by car
If you are interested in applying for a position at Molin Concrete Products Co., print our application and email or mail it back to us. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it here.
Our Mailing address:
Molin Concrete Products Co. • 415 Lilac St. • Lino Lakes, MN. 55014
For more information about the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the US Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) @ www.dol.gov/ofccp
Molin Concrete provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Molin Concrete complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Molin Concrete expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Molin’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.Affirmative Action Data Form